Friday, December 30, 2022

DiabetesDaily: Out on Leave

How’s everyone doing! I feel I’ve barely write on this blog anymore. But the last few days I promise there was a pretty good reason for me not to update you guys until now even if I wanted to. Reason being was that this past Sunday, I had gone to urgent care, because I was not feeling well. I got a little bit scared because my blood sugars weren’t coming down below the 250’s. I was sick and I thought it was just flu virus that was going around, since everyone that I work with had got it, you know the flu. 
So you got me there in the urgent care, the dr lady checking me out asking the usual questions. I was feeling sick, tired, exhausted, low energy and you know typical symtoms of the flu, as well as with one day with a temperature of almost 100. That was about about a week ago. So here we have the Dr lady and the nurses giving me the flu/covid test thing. And guess what!! While at the urgent care, my damn blood sugar dropping low! Damn me! Right? Good thing I was at the urgent care, they had me on with an IV thing right away giving me that dextrose thing. Mind you I had gotten there about 10ish in the morning I thought I was going to get the heck out of there within the hour or so. But no, I was there until after 3pm. Which I did not mind it I was taken care of, and they helped me with the stupid low I had to have all of a sudden. I didn’t get the results of that flu/covid thing till the day after. And guess what came back positive! Not the flu that is for damn sure! I tested positive for the stupid covid thing! That really bothered me, because for the whole year I was was testing negative specially in the beginning of the year when everyone had to be testing for it. Mind you I am fully vaccinated along with the booster thing. Im just glad the symptoms where not as bad, as some other people had got them. Which is good, mind you being a diabetic it could had gone the wrong way. Im glad it did not though. 
  I was just out for a couple of days, taking antibiotics that im still taking, so whatever it is I still have goes away. Im finally symtom free and not feeling as shit as I was feeling a week ago. I finally got the clear that I am able to come back to work, which is where I am at the moment. But dont worry, I am only here for today, then I get New Years off, which is going to be good, I get to rest for a couple of days more, specially for the New Years, and i get to spend it with my dog, my fur-baby-child Toby. 
I am feeling so much better though trust me, and I am glad my blood sugars are not going stupid like they were when I was sick, trying to fight off the virus. As well as I am glad it did not get to worse, nor did I ended up in the hospital, which is a plus! I mean, who even likes the hospital anyway right! For sure I the hell don't! The only thing I feel is tired, that's pretty much it, but well enough to get back to work.



update 1: I am glad to say, I am feeling much better than I was a few days ago when I wrote to you guys. The antibiotics are working that's for sure, that's what antibiotics are for right? To help you get better, right? I hope you guys have a wonderful New Years.


No comments:

Post a Comment